There is some interest into CR, and this is mostly regarding improving and making a stable compiler for embedded. More for this will follow but is good to know that if you will take the latest Git implementation some harder to find bugs were addressed:
- (major) strings do marshal automatically for PInvokes to wchar_t*.
This basically means that if you map methods from Dlls/libSO and they
use strings on .Net side, they will call (correctly) the underlying
library, and it works also as it should (and Mono or .Net does it)
- (minor) Ldflda instruction is working correctly (this is used often when you use structs)
- (minor) Escape Analysis will work reliable with virtual methods' return value. It made the code to fail otherwise for some trivial programs
- (medium) Bugs in devirtualization and remove methods optimizations were also fixed
- (major) try/finally blocks do work now: CR does not support exceptions and will likely never will, but the code of "happy path" will work. This also makes that code using IDisposable to work - also known as "using block".
Feel free to take the code and work on it and of course, if you have any fixes, help us by making them upstream.
CR has a new home also, please redirect your links to here: